Want to practice assessing essays and learn more about essay corrections? If yes, then please check this out.
Spelling vs. Inappropriate Words
- The word is misspelled.
Dolpins are the friendliest animals.
- It is a compound noun.
Our teacher needs help erasing the black board.
black board: blackboard
- There is faulty spacing between words (combined words).
My favorite icecream flavor is chocolate.
icecream: ice cream
- If it is an existing and valid word.
- Replacing any word with another word other than a conjunction, preposition, or article
- Omitting unnecessary words/phrases (not conjunction, preposition, article)
- Errant noun forms (singular to plural, and conversely)
- Errant verbs (not verb forms)
- Change in word form/function.
I go to school everyday.
everyday: every day
Everyday vs. every day:
Everyday as a one-word form is an adjective meaning “ordinary,” used to describe something usual
Example: These are my everyday clothes.
Every day as a two-word phrase, is an adverb used to explain how something is done.
Example: I go there every day.
TO TAKE THE QUIZ, CLICK HERE.
***DISCLAIMER: The Iamdouzone Blog doesn’t own any of the pictures, videos, articles or excerpt of the article/s featured above. Credits to the owner/s were properly stated.